Tomato Rasam Recipe variety 2
Rasam/saaru is consumed as soup or with rice. For cold winter days it is the best drink. For summer it keeps us hydrated. There are many ways rasam can be prepared. We already have the one variety , this is another way to prepare the tomato rasam with out dal/lentils. Tastes good as soup, with a rich coconut flavor.
Servings 2 to 4 people
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- Have the ingredients ready.
- Add washed tomatoes, turmeric powder,curry leaves, chilli, and salt along with 2 cups of water to a medium sized pan and cook the tomatoes on medium heat.
- Once the tomatoes are cooked turn off the heat and let it cool. Meanwhile, warm 1/2 cup of water and pour it on grated coconut.Squeeze the coconut and take the milk.
- We have this coconut milk ready.
- Once the tomatoes are cool enough remove the skin and grind along with remaining ingredients except the coconut milk. Transfer it to a sauce pan.
- Add water, rasam powder to the grind tomato and let it boil for 4 to 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- After 5 minutes, add prepared coconut milk allow it to boil for few seconds and turn off the heat. Now add the squeezed lemon juice and mix it.( Don't let this boil this for long time after adding the coconut milk.)
- Prepare and add the seasoning to the rasam.
Seasoning (optional if it is for soup):
- Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in a ladle on medium heat. Once it is hot enough add hing, mustard seeds, once it pops add cumin seeds and turn off the heat. Add this to the Rasam and garnish with cilantro enjoy with rice or drink as it is.