Mysore Rasam Powder
This recipe is from my Mother, who makes excellent Rasam, Sambhar and Vangibath powder in an authentic way.
- 1 cup coriander seeds/dhania
- ½ cup jeera/cumin seeds
- ¼ cup mustard seeds
- cup little less than ¼methi seeds/fenugreek seeds
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed turmeric root/powder
- ½ teaspoon Hing/asafoetida
- 25 to 30 curry leaves
- 25 dried red chillies smooth skin/guntur variety
- 50 to 55 byadgi red chillies (if you don’t have this variety substitute with 35 other variety chillies)
[the_ad id="4800"]Mysore Rasam Powder
- Heat the large pan on medium high heat.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, jeera, mustard seeds, and methi seeds one by one.
- Add a teaspoon of oil and fry pepper and turmeric. Transfer it the plate.
- Now add remaining oil and put curry leaves fry it for few seconds.Then add hing , chillies. Roast it until it becomes warm.Now add all other roasted ingredients .Mix well and turn off the heat. Let it cool completely before we grind it.
- Put this mixture to the mixer and grind it to fine powder. Transfer it to the bowl and mix it well.
- Our homemade Rasam Powder is ready. Use it for making rasam and other delicious dishes puliyogare gojju, Spiced poha and more.