Coconut Onion Chutney Recipe How to mMake Coconut onion Chutney for Dosa
If I am making dosa, idli for breakfast, chutney is must in our family. My mom rarely uses onion in her cooking, this one particular chutney she use onion. This is one of the most popular chutney she makes for dose is this Coconut onion Chutney. I love this chutney, simple yet delicious.
Servings 3 to 4 people
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen coconut
- 1/4 of small onion around 3 TBSP chopped onion
- 3 to 4 small (thai)green chillies or 2 serrano pepper
- little more than 1/4 tsp salt
- marble size tamarind soaked in water
- little chopped cilantro /coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp Jaggery
- 1/2 cup water add accordingly
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- few curry leaves
- pinch of asafoetida/hing
- Take coconut, onion,chillies, salt, tamarind along with water, cilantro/coriander leaves and jaggery in a mixer jar.
- Add 1/4 cup water and grind it to a smooth consistency. Add more water if needed.
- Chutney is ready now. Transfer the chutny to a bowl and prepare the seasoning.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a ladle. Once it is hot enough add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds pops, turn off the heat and add curry leaves.
- Pour the seasoning on to the chutney, mix it and enjoy this with dosa, chapathi , it goes well with Pongal too.
- If you are using frozen coconut use warm water.
- You need to try Maddur Vade with this Chutney!