- First grind rice,moong dal, chana dal, toor dal, and cumin seeds into a medium rava consistency.
To make upma:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a dry pan.
- To this hot oil add mustard seeds, urad dal and green chillies. Fry it until urad dal turns golden brown color. Then add curry leaves.
- Now add the prepared rava and fry it until it becomes warm.
- To this add boiling water and stir it continuously.
- Cover it and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in between to avoid burning .
- Then turn off and let it cool completely before preparing the dosa.
To make Dosa:
- Heat the greased skillet on medium heat.
- Divide the umpa into 6 equal parts.
- Take one part , make a ball and press it between your palm to make a shape like a cutlet.
- Make a little hole in the center.
- Put this onto the hot tava and put the oil around the dosa and in the center.
- Cover it and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until it turns golden brown and flip the dosa and it cook golden brown on the other side also.
- Repeat the same procedure for remaining upma.
- Enjoy the Tappale Dosa with Coconut chutney or mint Chutney.