Green Beans in Raw Coconut Gravy Recipe, How to make beans Hasi kayirasa Recipe
Kayi means coconut, rasa means juice and hasi means raw, here in this recipe the dish gets its main flavor from raw coconut. The kayi rasa recipe is special to malnad and coastal regions of Karnataka. Here, the vegetable we are using green beans. Easy to make and very very tasty dish goes well with rice or rotti.
- 1/2 pound beans 1/4 kg or around 30 beans cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh/frozen coconut
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- around 1 cup water
- 3 to 4 green chillies increase or decrease according to your taste
- 1 small lemon
- pinch of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp salt or salt to taste
- few curry leaves
- little chopped cilantro /coriander leaves
- For seasoning:
- 1/2 tsp ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
[the_ad id="4800"]Green Beans in Raw Coconut Gravy Recipe, How to make beans Hasi kayirasa Recipe
- Wash and cut the beans.
- Boil one cup water and add cut beans, salt, turmeric powder and curry leaves. Cook the beans until it becomes tender. Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Dry roast the urad dal (split black lentils) until t turns golden brown.
- Grind coconut, roasted dal, green chillies and little water to a coarse paste.
- Add this coarse paste to the cooked and cooled beans. Mix it, no need to cook after we add the masala.
To Prepare the Seasoning:
- Heat the ghee (or coconut oil) in a ladle, once it is hot enough add mustard seeds. Once it pops add urad dal (split black lentils), fry it until dal turns golden brown.
- Add this seasoning to the beans and coconut masala mix. Mix it and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy this beans kayirasa with hot rice or even as a soup.