Simple dry curry using frozen edamame and carrots. This is protein rich, delicious and simple to make side dish, You can eat as it is or eat with rotis, side dish for rasam rice.
Edamame is rich in vitamin C and helps in cardiovascular health, which helps to prevent colon cancer and ease the menopause symptoms.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium high heat
- Add mustard seeds and once it is popped, add channa dal and urad dal fry it till it turns a golden brown color.
- Add green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry till it turns tender.
- Now add cabbage, edamame and carrots. You do not have to add water, but if you are adding water add only a very little.
- Add salt, close the lid, and reduce the heat.
- Cook till all the vegetables are soft, and then add coconut.
- Mix everything well and cook for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Make sure there is no water in the palya, and then switch off the stove.
- Enjoy this healthy delicious palya with roti, rice or just like that!