Bombay Saagu Recipe
Bombay saagu or Potato sagu and Poori is the very popular combination you see in every restaurant menu. Simple ingredients, very easy recipe is this potato sagu. No grinding required. Saagu can be prepared using mixed vegetables as well. Bombay Sagu goes well with chapati, rava idli, and set dosa.
Servings 3 to 4 people
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- Remove the skin from the cooked potatoes. Roughly mash it leaving the potato chunks.(watch video)
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough add hing, mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds pops add urad dal and chandal mix. Fry it until the dal turns golden brown.
- Now add chopped green chillies, stir it once or twice, then add the chopped onion , turmeric powder, ginger and curry leaves.. Sprinkle some salt, stir it.
- When the onions are little cooked add chopped tomatoes, stir it few times.
- Add water to the besan flour, mix it and add dania powder, chilli powder. Add potatoes, Add water(I used around 1.5 cups) mix it well.
- Let it boil on medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with poori, chapati, rave idli , set dosa…..