Mango Rice using sesame seeds
Rice, as our staple food we do prepare so many varieties of mixed rice. This Mango rice is one of the variety. Green Mango as we know has generous amount of fiber and Vitamin C. This Sesame flavored mango rice is very traditional dish my mother prepares. Here is the recipe to healthy, delicious Mango rice.
Servings 4 people
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1 cup rice wash and cook, which yield around 2 cups of rice
- First wash and cook the rice either in pressure cooker or in rice cooker by adding little oil to separate the rice and keep it ready.
- Cut the mango into small pieces so that it will be easier to grind. Discard the seed.
- Keep the ingredients ready.
- Grind mango, coconut, sesame seeds, red chillies, jaggery, turmeric powder, hing and salt also. Add very less water to grind.
- Note: If the mango is sour add jaggery, if it is sweet add little tamarind soaked in water or some lemon juice.
- Grind it to a coarse consistency.
Prepare the seasoning:
- Heat 3 TBSP oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds. Once it pops add urad dal and peanuts.
- Fry it until dal turns golden brown. Now add broken red chilli and curry leaves mix it.
- Now add the masala and mix it well and cook it until the raw smell goes off and when you see the oil bubbling. Now add the cooked rice and mix it well.
- Cover it and cook it for 5 to 8 minutes on very low heat. And then turn off the heat. Decorate with coriander leaves and Enjoy!