Capsicum Rice | Bell Pepper Rice | Easy Rice recipes
Capsicum aka bell peppers are a delicious vegetable which contains vitamins A and C. It is a low calorie vegetable which can be consumed either in raw or in cooked form. Compared to green bell peppers, the red variety has more nutrients, including the antioxidant lycopene. You can use green, red, orange or yellow color capsicum to prepare this dish. Now coming to our recipes, Capsicum / bell pepper bath is very easy and quick dish, especially you have the left over rice. Capsicum cooks fast and we always have the vangibath powder ready , making the playa and mixing it is like 10 to 15 minutes work. You have this wonderful tasty rice dish ready for any meal and great for lunch box.
- 1 cup rice rice cooker cup
- 1 big red bell pepper or 2 medium size, cut this into small cubes
- ¼ cup fresh / frozen peas
- 3 tbsp Homemade Vangibath Powder
- 1¾ tsp salt or salt to taste
- ½ tbsp channa dal
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- curry leaves
- 1 tsp jaggery powder / little bit of jaggery
- Pinch of hing/ asafoetida
[the_ad id="4800"]Capsicum / Bell Pepper Rice
- First wash and pressure cook the rice with 1½ to 2 cups of water(water quantity depends on the rice) and keep the cooked rice ready.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds and hing. Then add channa dal and urad dal.
- Fry it until it turns a golden brown color.
- Now add curry leaves, turmeric powder, chopped red bell pepper and peas, mix well.
- Cover the pan and let it cook until it becomes a little tender.
- Now add the vangibath powder, salt and jaggery.
- Mix and cover it with the lid. Let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now reduce the heat and add the rice. Mix well again.
- Cover the lid and let it sit for 2 to 3 more minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Enjoy this Capsicum rice with raitha or just as it is