Cabbage Upma Recipe, How to make Rava Upma Recipe
Breakfasts are very important meal to start our day, which provides energy through out the day. Among our many healthy breakfast foods upma/uppittu is one of the easiest, tastiest and healthiest ones. We can prepare plain and simple upma with roasted rava , seasoning and water, or adding many vegetables and making varieties of upma/uppittu. One of the varieties I really loved in this Upma is using cabbage. This is just amazing. Please do try this.
- 1 cup coarse rava
- 1½ to 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 2.5 cups water
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 3 TBSP oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 TBSP urad dal
- 1/2 TBSP chana dal
- 5 to 8 green chillies number of chillies depends on your tolerance to hot
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- handful of chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
[the_ad id="4800"]Cabbage Upma Recipe, How to make Rava Upma Recipe
- Dry roast the rava until the raw smell disappears or turns light brown color.
- Chop the cabbage. Cut the green chillies and keep it ready.
- Keep 2.5 cups of water to boil.
- Heat 3 TBSP oil in a pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds, once the mustard seeds pops add chana dal and urad dal. Fry it until the dals turn golden brown. Then add the green chillies. Fry it until it turns little white.
- Now add the chopped cabbage, curry leaves and turmeric powder. Mix well and fry it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now add the boiling water. Add coconut, and salt.
- Reduce the heat and slowly add the rava, mixing it along. Cover it and let it cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn off the heat.
- Mix it and garnish with cilantro.
- Hot and delicious cabbage upma is ready to eat. Eat with ghee or chutney powder or just as it is !