Mango Mustard Curry in Yogurt, How to make Mango Yogurt Gojju Recipe
Malenadu recipes are so unique and seasonal. Now it is Mango season, you will get varieties of mangoes. We use small variety Mango to make this wonderful dish. With coconut, mustard and yogurt, the saasive/gojju/curry tastes awesome.
Servings 3 to 4 people
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- Wash and dry the mango with a towel and keep it ready.
- Remove the skin and keep the skin in a separate plate.
- Squeeze and take the pulp to a pan.
- Add some water and squeeze out all the pulp from both the skin and the seeds. Pour this pulp through a strainer.
- Grind coconut, jaggery, green chillies, yogurt/curd and mustard seeds to a fine paste.
- Add the masala to the pulp along with salt. Mix it well. If you want to add the seeds you can .
- Finally prepare the seasoning add it to the saasive/gojju.
To prepare the seasoning:
- Heat 2 tsp ghee/oil in a ladle. Once it is hot enough add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds pops, add the urad dal once it turns to golden brown, turn off the heat.
- Pour it on the Sasive. Enjoy the Mango/mavina hannina sasive with rice, roti,rotti.....