Lemon Rice/Chitranna easy yet delicious rice dish.his lemon rice is distributed in few temples as prasadam along with curd rice. Rich in Vitamin C and you can add nuts to make it more nutritious. One good thing about this recipe is good solution to leftover rice.
Most of the festival days, if you are busy making other sweets which needs your attention like Obbattu, this is the best rice dish you can prepare.
Here is the recipe for Lemon rice. You can use step by step instructions with pictures or watch the video "How to make Lemon rice"
- 2 to 2½ Cup cooked rice
- 1½ TBSP oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 tsp urad dal
- 2 tsp chana dal
- 2 to 3 chopped green chillies
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ to ½ cup grated fresh coconut
- 2 to 3 TBSP chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
Lemon Rice Recipe
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium low heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds, once seeds pops Add chana dal and urad dal along with peanuts, fry it until the dal turns golden brown
- Now add green chillies and curry leaves, turmeric powder -stir it
- Reduce the heat. Add rice and salt. Mix it really well.
- Finally before you turn off the heat add grated coconut,
- chopped cilantro and squeeze the lemon/lime juice.
- Mix it thoroughly and now the mouth watering Nimbe Hannina Chitranna/lemon rice ready
You can substitute peanuts with cashews or almonds