Quinoa is in rich fiber and iron, also it has perfect balance of all nine amino acids which is rarely found in plant based foods. Red lentils are high in iron and protein. Quinoa is very rich in calcium, protein and being a complex carbohydrate makes this food a natural internal cleanser. This makes quinoa part of a good plant based calcium diet for vegans as well as those who are lactose intolerant…. Here is wholesome easy to make Quinoa Kichadi recipe.
- ½ cup moong dal
- 1 cup chopped onion one medium size
- 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp channa dal
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 7-8 green chillies slit in the middle
- Around ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp of cashews pieces
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 2-3 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 pinch orturmeric powder
- ½ cup grated fresh coconut optional
- Slightly less than 3 cups of water
- Wash the dal and quinoa and keep it ready.
- Heat the oil in pan, once hot add mustard seeds add chanadal,urad dal, cashews, green chillies fry it until the dal turns golden brown.
- Next add curry leaves, onion, turmeric powder, saute it until the onions are cooked. now add coconut then water and let it boil.
- Once water starts to boil, add salt, add cilantro, and the washed dal and quinoa. Mix it well. Cover it and cook it on medium for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, mix it well and ready to serve.