Quick Quinoa Tomato side dish / Tomato bath
- First heat a cooker pan on medium high heat.
- Add 3 tablespoon oil.
- Now add all spices: jeera (cumin seeds), cardamom, marati moggu (optional), bay leaves, cloves.
- Then add onions and mint leaves. Let the onion become tender.
- Add tomato, chili powder, and water. Let it boil for sometime. Now add quinoa and mix it well.
- Cover the lid and place the weight on top.
- After 3 whistles, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Once it cools completely, open and mix well.
- Our spicy, quick, Tomato Quinoa bath is ready to eat.
- Savor this with Sweet Potato Yogurt or Almond Chutney.
Health benefits of Quinoa:
Quinoa is rich in niacin, thiamin, vitamin B6, potassium, and also riboflavin. Has Major minerals like magnesium, copper, zinc, and folate. It is gluten free and it is on the lower side of the glycemic index. It contains all of nine amino acids. Quinoa has high content of calcium compared to other grains. Due to higher content of Lysine, it helps in tissue and muscle repair. Lysine also helps in absorption of calcium. Please refer the following for more details
- What's New and Beneficial About Quinoa, by the world's healthiest foods
- 7 Benefits of Quinoa: The Super grain of the Future by Mind Body Green
- Quinoa's nutritional benefits
Frequently asked Questions
- Along with tomato, can we add other vegetables? Try to use bland vegetables. We do not want vegetables to overpower the spices. Green Beans, Corns and Carrots go very well along with Tomato
- Is it possible to substitute the spices in this recipe? Spices listed in the recipe is grouped to provide the right aroma to the dish. But, you can certainly replace the spices listed with Sriracha hot chili sauce (3 TSP) and Tamari sauce (1 TSP) to give oriental touch to the recipe.
- Is it Gluten Free? Ingredients and preparation are completely gluten free.