Horse Gram chutney powder (Hurali or Kollu or Ulavalu chutney powder) is very tasty, easy to make and a healthy side dish. Goes very well with Dosa, Roti’s and rotti’s.
Enjoy this Chutney powder with hot rice, dosa, idli, rotis and rotti.
This Chutney powder, also popularly known as, Hurali chutney pudi, Kollu podi, Ulavalu pudi. Try this Horse gram chutney, horse gram rasam and palya
Health Benefits for Horse Gram:
Horse Gram is rich in minerals, especially iron, calcium and phosphorus. On the vitamin side, it is very rich B-Complex. Since it falls into the legume family, it is rich in both fiber and proteins. It is also contains polyphenols and antioxidants.
Horse gram is very beneficial for patients with ulcer, diarrhea, hemorrhoids/Piles.
Horse gram is a great diuretic.
Horse gram is documented in Ayurveda to be
beneficial to patients with respiratory issues, including Asthma and Bronchitis.
Excellent home remedy for rheumatic pain.
- 1 gram cup Horseor huraLi
- ½ cup grated dry coconut
- 2 TBSP Jaggery
- 12 to 15 byadagi red chillies
- small lemon sized tamarind
- 1 tsp salt
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- ½ tsp oil
- pinch of hing
- Dry roast the horse gram until you get a nice aroma, then keep it aside.
- Heat ½ teaspoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Add hing and curry leaves.
- Fry it until the curry leaves become dry.
- Add red chillies and fry it until they become warm.
- Turn off the heat and add all the other ingredients. Mix well and let it cool.
- Grind the mix to a moderately fine consistency.
- Transfer it to a bowl, mix again and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Finally, store it in a airtight container.
However, it is not suitable for pregnant women and people who are suffering from tuberculosis.