Pani Puri and Masalpuri are the common street chats found in every streets in Karnataka. These are everyone’s favorite chaats. Addictive I should say ???? Pani as digestive drink, this masale for this masalpuri is very healthy protein and fiber rich dish, It can be consumed as it is.
For poori you can use even baked pita chips, or deep fried corn tortillas or even you can use corn chips. But it always tastes good with homemade pooris.
- Wash and soak the peas in 3 cups of water overnight.
- Pressure cook the soaked peas ( drain the water) along with cut potatoes, turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt and 2 to 2½ cups of water on medium high heat. (let it whistle for 3 to 4 times and turn off the heat).
- Peas should cook well.
- Grind all the ingredients in a mixer to a fine paste adding enough water.
- Once the pressure is released from cooker, open the lid, mash the potatoes, add the ground masala to this, add water to get the required consistency. let it boil on medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Keep it aside for 4 to 5 hours for better taste. After 5 hours or so, if the gravy becomes thick you can add water or if you have pani from panipuri you can add that and boil to get the desired consistency.
- Take a plate
- Crush some puris
- Add the prepared masala
- sweet chutney(1 to 2 tsp or more)
- Put some mix of chopped onion and cilantro
- Garnish with the sev and enjoy this mouth watering Masalpuri