Undlige Recipe, Akki thari Kadubu Recipe, How to make Kadubu Recipes
Undlige recipe with step by step pictures - made with rice and it is steamed :) When it comes to breakfast it is always a question, what to prepare? Everyday we will look for something different. Here is one of the healthy and delicious breakfast from malenaadu region of Karnataka - undlige/undi/akkitari kadubu/pundi gatti. It can be prepared with rice flour also which is popularly called hittina kadubu. AKki tari or rice rave can be prepared at home or you can buy it from the stores as well.
- 2 cup rice rave/akkitari
- 6 to 8 green chillies
- little chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- few curry leaves
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1 TBSP salt/ salt to taste
- 1 tsp jeerige/cumin seeds
- 6 cup water
- 1 TBSP oil
[the_ad id="4800"]Undlige Recipe, Akki thari Kadubu Recipe, How to make Kadubu Recipes
- Keep the akki tari/rice rava ready.
- Heat the pan and dry roast the rave until it becomes little hot. Transfer it to plate.
- Keep the same pan back on stove, add 1TBSP oil. Now pour the water. ( no need to heat the oil) Allow it to boil.
- Grind coconut along with green chillies to coarse consistency.
- Once the water starts to boil add the grind masala, salt, cumin seeds and also chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add the rave slowly mixing continuously.
- Mix it thoroughly.
- Keep mixing it until the mix becomes thick like upma/uppittu.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool a bit.
- Now grease the pan you want to steam the undlige.
- Make the balls and press to flatten it. If the mix is hot, dip your palm in cold water and make the balls as shown.
- Like this.
- Place all the prepared unde in the greased cooker container like this.
- Now steam cook this in the pressure cooker (don't put the weight , place the cup instead) on medium high heat for 20 to 25 minutes. Then turn off the heat and wait for 2 to 4 minutes before you open the lid.
- Now the healthy undlige/kadubu/unde is ready to eat. Enjoy this hot undlige with ghee or coconut chutney or onion sambar.