Masala avalakki / poha is very quick, delicious and colorful breakfast or can be a snack too. This is a perfect snack for unexpected guests. Easy to make. You can enjoy this avalakki with yogurt/curd too. For this recipe we use thin variety poha.
- 4 cup Thin Poha
- 1/2 medium size tomato or 1 small tomato
- 1/2 small onion
- hand ful of chopped cilantro/coriander leaves
- few curry leaves
- 2 green chillies cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 1 small carrot grate it and keep it ready
- 3/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar optional
- For Seasoning:
- 3 TBSP oil
- 3/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp urad dal
- little asafoetida/hing
- 4 TBSP peanuts
- 1/2 of small lemon juice
Avalakki Masala Recipe, How to make
- Chop onion, tomato, coriander leaves, curry leaves and green chillies and keep it ready. Wash, peel and grate the carrot.
- In a big bowl take the thin poha/avalakki.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add hing, mustard seeds.Once the mustard seeds pops, add urad dal and peanuts. Fry it until the dal turns golden brown,
- Then add green chillies. Fry it until it turns little white. Add curry leaves and turn off the heat.
- To the Poha/aval/avalakki bowl add all carrot, coconut, coriander leaves, tomatoes, sugar, and the prepared seasoning. Mix it gently.
- Finally add/squeeze the lemon juice, mix.
- Masala Avalakki is ready to eat. Enjoy!