Gasagase Payasa or Khus khus / poppy seeds Payasa is very popular in Karnataka.
Drinking this payasa before going to bed assures a very good night’s sleep.
For festival days we prepare the payasa/kheer. You can choose any one of these – Akki / rice kheer, chana dal payasa, moong payasa, shavige payasa, navanakki/millet payasa, and many more for the festivals days or any special occasions.
[the_ad id="4800"]poppy seeds kheer | khus khus payasam
- Heat the ghee in a pan.
- Fry the rice and Poppy Seeds until it gives off a good aroma. Keep it aside.
- To clean the jaggery, add a little water and heat it. Once it hass melted, strain it with clean cloth or strainer.
- Now, grind the coconut, fried gasagase (poppy seeds), rice and cardamom into a fine paste by adding little water. (Add warm water if you are using frozen coconut)
- Transfer the mix to a pan, cleaned jaggery syrup and remaining water and boil it on medium heat.
- Once it starts boiling, let it boil for only one more minute, and then turn off the heat.
- Drink this hot Gasagase Payasa / khus khus kheer before going to bed to get a good night sleep.