Wish you all happy Navarathri festival.
Chana dal Payasa | Kadalebele payasam is one of the easiest, delicious payasa we prepare during festival days. . . Navarathri is a 10 days festival, we need a payasam recipe to prepare one on each day. You can choose any one of these – Cracked wheat payasam, gasagase payasa, Dates payasam, shavige payasa, Millet Kheer, and many more for the festivals days or any special occasions.
This chana dal payasa is easy to make and very very tasty. Try and enjoy.
Chana Dal payasam | Dal Payasam
- 1/4 cup split bengal gram/chana dal / kadale bele
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- 10 or more almonds
- you can use either almonds or poppy seeds or both
- 2 cardamom
- 1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil for vegans
- 2.5 cup water
- Wash the chana dal thoroughly and soak it in 1 cup of water for an hour
- Pressure to cook the soaked dal along with water on medium heat. Turn off the heat after 3 whistles.
- Grind almonds, cardamom and gasagase without adding water,
- then add coconut , and water. Grind it to a fine paste
- Heat the ghee or coconut oil in a thick bottom pan on low heat, once the ghee is hot add chopped almonds, fry it for 30seconds, then add cashews.
- fry it until cashews are golden brown. add raisins, fry it until it puffs up then remove everything to a separate plate.
- Melt the jaggery with 1/4 cup water on medium heat.
- Strain the jaggery syrup to the pan. add some water as well
- add ground coconut- almond paste, add water to the jar, and add that as well. Mix it and add cooked chana dal.
- Mix it and let it boil on low heat for 10 minutes
- Make sure to stir in between.
- After 10 minutes on low heat - Payasa is ready. Turn off the heat. add fried nuts and raisins. Mix it and Serve