Tomato gojju is the easiest and delicious side goes well with chapathi, idli,dosa, rice and almost with every breakfast dish. Tangy and sweet taste of this tomato curry makes it a versatile side dish. Very easy to make and can be prepared with the available ingredients in the pantry. This is no onion no garlic side dish.
For rasam powder recipe click here.
Step by step instructions with picture to " How to make Tomato Gojju "
- 6 to 8 tomatoes cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp oil
- ⅛ tsp hing
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Rasam Powder
- 2 to 2.5 tbsp Jaggery powder
- Few curry leaves
- ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp salt
Tomato Gojju | Easy side dish Recipe
- Heat the oil in a thick bottom pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds, once it pops add hing, add chopped tomatoes along with turmeric powder, mix it well.
- Let it cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stir it in between.
- Add chilli powder, rasam powder, curry leaves, jaggery, and salt. Mix it allow it to boil for 20 to 25 minutes on low heat, and once the gojju becomes thick turn off the heat…
- Now quick and delicious tomato gojju or tomato curry is ready to serve with any breakfast dishes like rotis,rotti, idli, …