Carrot Curry (Palya)
Though I love raw carrots, this is the only half cooked carrot dish I used to like as a kid, and the same goes for my kids. They love this simple, quick and easy to make carrot palya. My mother used to make this palya with chapatis (rotis). When I make this Palya as a side dish for chapatis, my kids make a wrap along with some cheese and green chutney, and it makes an awesome roti wrap for them on the go. !Health Benefits are Rich in Antioxidants, Dietary fiber, Rich in Beta carotenes and Vitamin A Rich in many B complex
Servings 2 people
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Once it is hot enough, add mustard seeds, urad dal, hing and chillies.
- Fry it until the urad dal turns a golden brown color.
- Now, add the shredded carrots, curry leaves and salt. Mix well and let it cook for a minute.
- Add coriander leaves and coconut, and then turn off the heat.
- Mix well and serve as a side dish.