- 2 ripe banana
- 1/2 cup grated fresh/frozen coconut
- 1/2 cup yogurt/curd
- 1/4 cup water warm it if you are using frozen coconut
- 1/2 to 1 TBSP Jaggery powder
- 2 green chillies
- 1/8 tsp or pinch of mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 red chilli broken into pieces
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- Little chopped cilantro /coriander leaves to garnish
- Cut the banana into small cubes or small pieces as shown .
- Grind coconut,pinch of mustard seeds, green chillies, jaggery along with water to fine paste.
- Mix chopped banana, yogurt/curd in a bowl. To this add the grind masala and salt and mix it well.
- Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in ladle on a medium heat. Add mustard seeds, once it pops add urad dal. Fry it until it turns golden brown. Then add red chillies. Turn off the heat and add curry leaves.
- Pour this prepared seasoning on to the banana, yogurt mix and mix it well. Banana/Balehannina sasive is ready to eat.