Radish Salad or Moolangi Kosambari is very easy to make, nutritious side dish or snack. To make it protein rich you can soak the Moong dal and add it to the salad. Mulangi / Daikon Radish are low calorie, fat free vegetables, rich in vitamin C, calcium and fiber. Raw Radish helps in preventing and controlling the piles. It helps in digestion, detox the body, boosts the immunity, and good for bone health. Also it is good for weight loss.
- 1 cup grated radish
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh grated coconut
- 10 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves
- For seasoning:
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp urad dhal
- Keep a small pan on medium flame add oil, while oil heats up add mustard, while mustard pops up add urad dhal , fry it until the urad dhal turns golden brown, add chopped green chillies, finally add chopped curry leaves and turn off stove.
- Add this seasoning to grated radish, salt ,lemon juice and mix it well.
- Garnish it with grated coconut and coriander leaves .
- Now healthy radish kosambari is ready to eat