Pudina Pulav/mint palav is very easy yet delicious rice dish. Mint helps in digestion, indirectly helps in weight loss in a healthy way.This Mint pulav is quick and easy rice dish, can be prepared with Mint and other ingredients easily available at home. Also, you can use any vegetables or you can make without vegetables too.
Rosmarinic acid present in mint may help in reducing seasonal allergies due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
- Wash and keep mint leaves ready/
- Wash the rice throughly and drain the water and keep it.
- Grind mint, coconut, jeera, ginger, cinnamon, green chillies, coriander seeds along with 1 to 2 TBSP water.
- to a coarse consistency
- Heat the oil in pressure cooker on medium heat, once the oil is hot, add jeera and the masala. Fry it until the raw smell disappears ( the mix leaves the oil).
- Now add the vegetables, and mix it. Then add the washed rice and mix it well.
- Now add water, salt, jaggery and turmeric powder and allow it to boil
- When the water starts boiling, cover the pressure cooker and let it whistle twice on medium heat. Turn off the heat.
- Once the cooker is cooled completely, open the lid and mix it gently.
- We have the quick and simple to make Pudina Rice is ready to eat.
- Enjoy the Mint Pulav with raita or chips.