Curry Leaves Rice | Curryleaves Masala Rice
Curry Leaves are part our south Indian Cooking. It is rich in calcium, iron, and phosphorous, And it is also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, and Vitamin E. It also helps in flushing out the fat from the body. Curry leaves for weight loss is very well known and documented.
Here is simple to make yet super delicious curry leaves Masala rice or karibevu soppina anna !
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups of water to cook rice
- To grind:
- ¼ cup tender curry leaves
- ¼ cup fresh/frozen coconut
- 3 medium size pods garlic and it is optional
- pinch of hing / asafoetida
- 6 to 8 byadgi red chillies
- small lemon size tamarind soaked in water
- For seasoning:
- 2 TBSP oil
- 10 to 15 cashew pieces
- mustard seeds
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 small tomato cut into pieces
- 1 tsp salt
[the_ad id="4800"]Curry Leaves Rice
- Prepare the rice with 2 cups of water and little bit of oil, either in pressure cooker or rice cooker.
- Grind curry leaves, coconut, garlic, hing, chillies,turmeric powder, and tamarind by adding a little bit of water to a coarse texture. Keep it aside.
To prepare the rice:
- Heat 2 TBSP oil in a big pan.
- Fry the cashews until it becomes golden brown, and take it out and keep it aside.
- For the same oil add hing, mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds pops, add onion and fry a little.
- Then add tomatoes and fry it until it becomes tender, now add the grind masala and fry it until it oil leaves the mix.
- Now add the cooked rice, mix well cover it and cook for a minute on a low flame.
- Turn off the heat and now add the fried cashews.
- Curry Leaves rice is ready to serve.