Peanut Chutney powder is very easy to make, super delicious and healthy pudi. This is popularly called Dry Shenga Chutney in north Karnataka/ uttara karnataka region. I was really amazed by the nutritional benefits we get from this peanuts. 1 cup has 38 grams of protein and it is good source of dietary fiber, potassium, magnesium and iron. Unfortunately many are developing allergy to this little nut. If you and your family members are not allergic to peanuts I highly recommend the use of this nuts. Roast it at home, eat with the skin, which helps you to digest.
This chutney powder goes well with rotti , dosa, rice and add this powder to yogurt / curd and add onion seasoning to make a curd chutney or mosaru chutney.
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 3 to 5 cloves of garlic
- 3 to 4 tsp red chilli powder
- 8 to 10 curry leaves
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1to 1½ tsp sugar or jaggery
- Dry roast the Shenga or Kadle kayi
- Once it is cooled completely, powder it along with all other ingredients.
- Pulse and mix, and repeat the pulsing until you get the coarse powder. Transfer it back to the plate, mix it well.
- Once the powder is cooled completely, store it in a airtight glass container. Try to finish it within 10 to 15 day