Halu Holige | Poori Payasa Recipe
Haalu Holige aka Poori Payasa is one the traditional recipes, simple to make yet very delicious karnataka sweet. This is an authentic Karnataka sweet dish. Basically crisp puri soaked in Kheer or payasam. There is nothing like one recipe for this scrumptious haalu holige . The payasa or the dip can be prepared in many different ways. You can make gasagase payasa, or the one which is shown in this recipe with milk and nuts like almonds and cashews along with the poppy seeds. Try this super delicious haalu holige for this thanksgiving get-together or during christmas holidays!
Servings 10 poori
Prep Time 5 to 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
To make the payasa:
- Dry roast the poppy seeds on medium heat in a pan.
- Grind almonds,cashews, roasted poppy seeds along with the cardamom. Add little milk(around ¼ to ½ cup) and grind it to a fine paste.
- Transfer this paste to a pan. Add sugar, and milk, mix it and boil it on a medium low heat for 8 to 10 minutes stirring in between,
- Turn off the heat and add sliced almonds.
- Take maida, pinch of salt in a bowl. Add ½ tsp oil and mix this dry ingredient.
- Add water little by little and make it a hard dough.(I used around 1 tbsp water.)
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and take one portion, roll into a ball.
- Roll this into thin circle using rolling pin.
- Heat the oil in a pan to fry the poori on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot enough fry the prepared pooris one by one until the poori turns golden brown on both sides. Remove it and transfer it onto a paper towel
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.
- Once we are ready with all the pooris you have 2 options:
- A .You soak all these pooris in the payasa and then eat
- B. You serve the poori in an individual bowl, and pour the payasa on top of it and eat.
- Hope you enjoy this Poori Payasa!