Broken wheat payasa/Cracked wheat/ godhi payasa is another mouth watering payasa we will prepare during festival season. Navarathri, sharavana masa are very auspicious days and month we offer many sweet dishes to God. Payasa/kheer are one of the healthiest and delicious sweet dishes. This is very nutritious toddler and kids food
- ½ cup Broken wheat/godhi nuchchu
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup grated coconut
- ½ cup Jaggery
- ½ tablespoon poppy seed
- 1½ to 2 tablespoon ghee
- 12 raisins
- 6 to 8 Almond broken into small pieces
- 6 to 8 Cashew Nut broken into small pieces
- 2 cardamom
Cracked Wheat Payasam | Broken Wheat Kheer | Kheer Recipes
- Wash the broken wheat and soak it in ¾ cup of water, soak it minimum 1 hour
- Pressure cook the soaked broken wheat along with water and 1 cup of milk on medium heat.
- Turn off the heat after3 to 4 whistles.
- Dry roast the poppy seeds .
- Grind grated coconut, roasted poppy seeds, cardamom along with little milk to a fine paste.
- Put jaggery in a bowl add 2 tbsp of water , boil until the jaggery melts.
- To a thick bottom pan , strain the jaggery syrup add the paste, mix it and let it boil on medium low heat. Stir it in between, boil it for 4-5 minutes.
- Add cooked broken wheat into the above mix, mix it well, cook it for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add ghee.
- Now heat the 1 tbsp ghee and fry the cashews, and almonds until it turns golden brown. Then add raisins, and fry it until it puffs up.Pour this nuts to the payasa and mix it well.
- Delicious godhi payasa is ready to eat!