Navaratri, Deepaavali is the time to make and eat lots of sweets. Everyday during Navaraathri we offer naivedya to God. Looking for ideas to make sweets? here is one easy recipe!
Kids friendly Cashew burfi aka Kaju Katli is popular Indian sweet. So flavorful and just melts in the mouth. This is one of the popular DipaavaLi sweet.We have many other delicious barfis like, coconut burfi, 5 star burfi, pineapple burfi and it all takes minimum 30 minutes to make. This super easy cashew barfi, takes only 10 minutes to make.
- Powder the cashews . Powder them in 2 batches and do not over grind.
- Grease a plate with ghee and keep it ready.
- Keep the sugar and water in a pan on medium heat. Once the sugar melts and becomes little thick reduce the heat to low.
- Add cashew powder slowly.
- While mixing add ghee also.
- Keep on stirring until the sweet mix easily leaves the bottom of the pan. It takes approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- This stage, transfer it to the greased plate, spread it.
- Allow it to cool.
- Once it cools, cut the Burfi into desired shape.
- These Cashew/kaaju burfis will be over by the time you even think about storing it :)
If you are not able to get the burfi pieces, don't worry, gather the mix, make ball, knead it and roll it on a greased flat surface using rolling pin and cut it into desired shape. If the dough is too soft, not able to roll, add some milk powder or cashew powder. If it is hard add little milk and mix.
Enjoy this Cashew burfi as a evening snack along with hot cup of coffee or Tea/chai with crunchy, spicy madduru vade, nippattu