Pineapple Coconut Burfi Recipe
Sweets are always a traditional part of our festival meal. One of the most popular sweets are burfi/barfi .The flavor of a barfi is often enhanced with fruits or nuts. The base ingredient can be coconut, besan/gram flour or even with milk khoya Coconut burfi is most popular and flavorful burfi. For krishna Jayanthi, DeepavaLI/diwali and for navarathri festivals we do prepare these burfi. Here I have a very tasty Pineapple – coconut burfi recipe for upcoming Navarathri Golu and Deepavali/Diwali festival.
Step by step instructions with pictures for making delicious Pineapple coconut burfi !
[the_ad id="4800"]Coconut Pineapple Burfi
- If you taking whole pineapple keep it ready.
- Remove the skin.
- Cut the pineapple into big cubes.
- Grease the plate with some ghee and keep it ready.
- Grind the pineapple chunks in a mixer to a fine paste.
- Transfer the puree to a thick bottom pan .
- In the same mixer jar pulse the grated coconut once or twice don't make it fine paste.
- Add this coconut to the pineapple puree.
- Add sugar, mix it well.
- Once the sugar melts, cover it with a lid and let it cook on medium low heat, stir it in between.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, most of the water evaporates from the mix and it will begin to get thick. Now remove the lid.
- At this stage add 1 TBSP ghee.
- Mix it and cook on low flame for few more minutes stir it more often to avoid burning, until the whole mix leaves the pan and add some more ghee.
- The burfi will be ready to transfer on to a greased plate once it leaves the pan like a ball.
- Transfer the mix on to a plate .
- spread it evenly and leave it for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Cut the Pineapple burfi to desired size and shape.
- Now the pineapple flavored coconut barfi /burfi is ready.
How to peel the pineapple skin please click here:http://www.wikihow.com/Peel-a-Pineapple
We have this pineapple flavor from fresh pineapple, no need to add cardamom powder, since we use flavorful pineapple fruit.