Evergreen Cucumber Salad / kosambari is very simple, quick side dish. We can add soaked chana or moong dal to make it protein rich salad. No festival meal is complete without this dish. It is perfect for morning breakfast
Step by step video instructions for making Cucumber salad with and without dal
- 2 cups medium size cucumber cut into small cubes or 2of cut cucumber
- 2 to 3 tbsp chana or moong dal
- 2 TBSP chopped cilantro /coriander leaves
- 2 to 3 TBSP grated fresh coconut
- less than ½ tsp salt
- For seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ¾ mustard seeds
- 2 green chillies cut into small pieces
- little hing/asafoetida
- Heat a teaspoon of oil on medium heat in a ladle.
- Add hing, mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds pops, add green chillies.
- Fry it until it turns little white .
- Turn off the heat and add this prepared seasoning to the cut cucumber.
- Add cilantro, coconut, salt and mix well.
- Now the cucumber salad ready.
To make dal cucumber salad:
- Drain the water from the dal.
- Add this dal to the salad, mix well.
- If you like squeeze little lemon juice as well.
- Salad is ready to eat!
Interested in salad recipes check this kadale bele/ chana dal kosambari and moong dal kosambari