Chana Dal Usli | Sundal | Kadalebele usli
Chana dal Usli / Chana dal Sundal is a nutritional snack that is high in protein and fiber. It is quick and simple to make. Now that Navaratri is here, make this simple yet tasty snack to offer to god and distribute among your friends and famil
- 1 cup chana dal/kadle beLe/Split Bengal gram
- 1½ cup water
- tsp salt or salt to taste
- ¼ cup grated fresh/frozen coconut more if you like
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- handful of chopped coriander leaves
- For Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp oil
- ¾ tsp mustard seeds
- pinch of Hing / generous amount if you are using powder hing
- 2 to 3 green chillies cut into pieces
[the_ad id="4800"]Chana Dal Usli / Sundal
- Wash and pressure cook the chana dal with water and salt on medium heat. (2 to 3 whistles)
- Cooked Dal should not be very soft nor very hard.
- Drain the excess water. (If you want, you can use this water for making rasam).
- Heat the oil in a big pan.
- Add hing and mustard seeds, let it pop.
- Now add chillies. Then add the chana dal, curry leaves and mix it well.
- Let it cook for a minute to absorb the seasoning.
- Finally, before turning off the stove, add cilantro/coriander leaves and coconut and mix well.
- Chana Dal Usli or Chana Dal Sundal is ready. It is also popular as Kadalai Paruppu Sundal and Kadlebele Usli.