Tofu Curry is very delicious side dish for rotis and for rice too. Tofu is healthy alternate for paneer.
- 16 oz tofu / 1 box firm or extra firm tofu box
- 1½ medium sized onion – chopped
- 1½ medium sized tomato – sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1½ tsp poppy seeds
- 1½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala can replace with fresh Ginger or Ginger paste
- ½ tsp kitchen king masala (optional but enhances the flavor)
- ½ tsp dhania powder optional
- 2 tbs or 10 to 15 cashew nuts
- chopped coriander garnish
- 1 cup water as and when needed
- First fry onion and garlic in a pan until it becomes tender or golden brown
- Then add chopped tomato and cook it till it becomes soft and mushy in a low heat.
- Once it is cooked, switch off the stove and cool it. It takes about 7 to 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, saute the tofu cubes in a pan by adding a little salt. Make sure it turns golden brown on all the sides.
- Now grind the veggies mix along with other ingredients except cumin seeds.
- Heat a pan on medium high heat. Add a little oil and cumin seeds.
- Now add the ground paste and a little water to get a right consistency as shown in the video.
- Add the fried tofu and boil it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and garnish it with chopped cilantro and serve hot.
- Enjoy this tofu curry as a side dish for chapati, paratha, naan, tortilla, or hot steamed rice.