Tambuli or tambli is part of our everyday meal. This flavored yogurts are prepared with different spices and vegetables. Eating this tambli/ flavored curd is healthy and helps in digesting our rest of the meal. Here in this recipe I am using ginger/shunti as main flavor along with healthy curry leaves.
- 1 TBSP chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup grated coconut use warm water if you using frozen coconut
- 1/2 cup curd/yogurt
- 1 tsp ghee
- 10 to 15 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- For seasoning:
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
ginger tambuli recipe, how to make ginger flavored yogurt recipe
- Keep the items ready for making the ginger tambuli.
- Heat the pan, add 1/2 spoon ghee, pepper, and cumin seeds. Fry it for few seconds.
- Now add chopped ginger, curry leaves and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium low heat.
- You will get the nice aroma of ginger. Turn off the heat and add coconut, mix it. Allow it to cool.
- Once the mix is cooled down completely grind this along with salt, and yogurt to a fine paste. Transfer it to a bowl
- Finally the seasoning.