This Bisbelebath powder recipe is from my Mother, who makes excellent Rasam, Sambhar and Vangibath powder in an authentic way.
- 1/4 cup channa dal
- 1/4 cup urad dal
- 3/4 cup coriander seeds/ dhania
- 1 tablespoon jeera/ cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon methi/ fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon Poppy seeds /Gasagase
- 10 to 12 inch pieces of cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 45 byadgi dry byadgi red chillis
- 20-25 red chillies smooth skin/guntur
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Heat the pan on a medium high heat.
- Add oil, then add all the ingredients ( channadal, urad dal, jeera/ cumin seeds, mustard seeds, methi/ menthya/ fenugreek seeds, cinnamon sticks, cloves and both variety red chillies ) except dhania and poppy seeds.
- Fry it until channa dal and urad dal turned into golden brown.
- Once it turned golden brown color, add dhania and poppy seeds. Fry it for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Then grind this to a fine powder. Put the powder in the pan and mix it really well.
- Now the Authentic Mysore Bisi Bele Bath Powder is ready.
- Store it in a container and use it to make authentic BisiBelebath.