Pineapple Kesari Recipe
Pineapple Kesaribath is delicious mouthwatering sweet made with fresh pineapple and Rava/Sooji. This dessert is perfect for festival days or just to quench the sweet cravings!
Here is the step by step instructions with picture to " How to Make Pineapple Kesari"
- ½ cup Coarse Sooji/ Medium Rava
- ½ cup finely chopped pineapple
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 to 4 TBSP ghee or more
- 2 to 3 cardamoms powdered
- Pinch of kesari/Saffron soaked in 1 TBSP milk
- 1¼ cup water
- 4 to 5 cashews broken into small pieces
- 1 TBSP raisins
[the_ad id="4800"]Pineapple Kesari
- Soak saffron in 1 TBSP of milk.
- Finely chop pineapple as shown and keep it ready.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a pan on medium heat, fry cashews and raisins until the raisins puffs up and nuts turn golden brown, transfer it to a plate.
- Place the same pan back on the stove, add another TBSP ghee, add rava/Sooji and roast the Rava until the raw smell disappears, you get the nice aroma and rava turns golden brown. Transfer the roasted Rava to a plate.
- Boil the water in a pan on medium heat, add the chopped pineapple , allow it to boil for 2 to 3 minutes on medium low heat.
- Now add the roasted rava slowly, stirring continuously.
- Cover it and cook it on low flame for a minute.
- Once the rava is cooke (it usually takes a minute)
- Add sugar, a TBSP ghee along with saffron, mix it well, again cover it and cook it for 2 to 4 minutes,
- Then add one more TBSP ghee or more, mix it continuously until you get the rava kesari consistency
- Turn off the heat and add fried raisins and cashews and cardamom powder. Mix it well and Enjoy the pineapple kesaribath.
You can grind half the cut pineapple and add to the boiling water