Ragi Mudde with Side Dish
Ragi Mudde is a wholesome and staple food in many parts of Karnataka. In this recipe, not only, we will be explaining the preparation of Ragi Mudde, but will be sharing the side dish which my husband's grand mother was preparing. This particular side dish is very popular in north Karnataka.
Servings 1 to 2 people
Popular North Karnataka side dish for Ragi Mudde (Curd / Hasi Poladya):
How to make Ragi Mudde:
- Boil the water, then add salt and 2 teaspoons ghee
- Then add flour and leave it for a minute.
- Take the pan from the stove and mix it until you don't see any dry flour. Keep this back on stove, cover with a plate, and turn off the heat.
- Now grease a plate with a little ghee, and transfer the mudde to it.
- Put some more ghee on the top and mix it well (dip your hand in cold water or ghee), and make raagi balls. Mudde is ready to eat.
Method to prepare quick north Karnataka style side dish for Ragi mudde:
- Put all the ingredients except for curd to the mixer and grind it.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoon yogurt/curd, and grind it again.
- Now, add this masala to the yogurt/curd and mix it well.
- The paladya is ready to go with the raagi mudde.
- Make small marble size balls of raagi mudde, dip it with paladya and eat.