Ragi Mudde with Side Dish | Finger millet balls
Ragi Mudde is a wholesome and staple food in many parts of Karnataka. In this recipe, not only, we will be explaining the preparation of Ragi Mudde, but will be sharing the side dish which my husband's grand mother was preparing. This particular side dish is very popular in north Karnataka.
- Ingredients for preparing Ragi Mudde:
- 1 cup raagi flour
- 1½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoon ghee Can be substituted with oil. clarified butter
- Popular North Karnataka side dish for Ragi Mudde (Curd / Hasi Poladya):
- 1 cup plain yogurt/curd
- 1 teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves/cilantro
- 2 to 3 tablespoon warm water (warm only if you store your coconut in the refrigerator)
- 2 to 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 2 to 3 green chillies
[the_ad id="4800"]Ragi Mudde with Side Dish
How to make Ragi Mudde:
- Boil the water, then add salt and 2 teaspoons ghee
- Then add flour and leave it for a minute.
- Take the pan from the stove and mix it until you don't see any dry flour. Keep this back on stove, cover with a plate, and turn off the heat.
- Now grease a plate with a little ghee, and transfer the mudde to it.
- Put some more ghee on the top and mix it well (dip your hand in cold water or ghee), and make raagi balls. Mudde is ready to eat.
Method to prepare quick north Karnataka style side dish for Ragi mudde:
- Put all the ingredients except for curd to the mixer and grind it.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoon yogurt/curd, and grind it again.
- Now, add this masala to the yogurt/curd and mix it well.
- The paladya is ready to go with the raagi mudde.
- Make small marble size balls of raagi mudde, dip it with paladya and eat.