Enne Rotti, I cannot think of any English name for this recipe, unique to our region! Enne Rotti is a special Malnad dish, deep fried snack or breakfast with greens and spice. It is gluten free snack. You can eat this crunchy rotti with butter, coconut chutney or any chutney.
- Take the rice flour in a big mixing bowl, to this add cumin seeds, salt, chilli powder, chopped green chillies, along with ghee.
- Mix it well.
- Then add chopped greens, chopped onion, chopped green chillies and mix it well with out adding water first.
- Mix it With out adding water....
- Sprinkle water little by little until you get medium soft dough.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Grease the plastic sheet or if banana leaf is available .
- Take 2 TBSP of dough, make it a ball like this.
- Keep the dough on the greased sheet, press it with palm to make a circle, thickness should be like poori. Make few more and keep it ready.
- Thickness should like this....
- Once the oil is hot enough, add these prepared rotti( numbers depends on the amount of oil you are using) and fry both sides until it turns golden brown.
- Remove it from the oil and transfer it onto a paper towel or perforated bowl.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining dough.
- The Enne rotti can be eaten with coconut chutney, or butter or just as it is.
- Rotti will be crunchy when you consume it hot.
Use greens which are available at home