Banana Idli recipe with step by step instructions with pictures. If we have over ripe banana the first recipe comes to our mind is banana bread or muffins, which uses maida or all purpose flour. Instead of the cake or the bread we have another delicious healthy recipe using over ripe bananas.This is special malnad dish.
It is so common in most of our homes to bring bananas and leave it on the counter, end up with over ripe ones. Either we can trash them or using the same we can make some awesome dishes like Banana Rotti, Banana saasive/ Mosaru Bajji. and this Banana Idli.
- Keep the items needed ready.
- Peel the bananas and make the puree ( discard the peel)
- and transfer the puree to a pan.
- Add grated rave/rawa and mix it.
- Add jaggery powder, salt, cardamom powder and grated coconut.
- Mix it well and keep it aside for an hour. Meanwhile grease the idli plates and keep it ready.
- After an hour mix the batter and check for the consistency. It should be like idli batter( not too thick not too thin) Put this idli batter to the greased idli plates. Don't cover the whole mould. After idlis are steamed it will increase in volume.
- Steam cook these prepared idlis in a pressure cooker on medium heat for 20 minutes.( do not put the whistle).
- Once idlis are done, wait for a minute and then open the cooker.
- Transfer the Banana Idlis on to a plate and enjoy these hot idlis with ghee.