Menasinakai bajji is famous in North Karnataka as hittu hachchida Menasinakayi, usually served with Mandakki Oggarane. Menasinakayi bonda / Mirchi bajji is also one of the popular street foods in Bangalore Mysore region! Best on a cold winter evenings, eat this bonda with a hot cup of tea or Coffee.
It is prepared using a particular green chillies which are little long and less spicy. Don’t use thai chillies for this recipe.
- Take a bowl and add gram flour, rice flour, salt, ghee, red chilly powder, ajwain seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric,hing. mix it well
- To this mix add water little by little mix it and add water until you get the desired consistency, more like dosa batter.
- Heat enough oil to fry in a pan on medium heat.
- Slit the chill in the centre and fill with little cumin powder and little salt
- Dip the chilly in the batter and put it to the hot oil.
- Fry it on both the sides till it turns to golden brown
- Take it out on to a paper towel.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining chillies and batter.
- The hot and crispy chilli bonda is now ready to eat with Mandakki Ogaarane.