Mangalore Bonda, popularly known as Goli Baje is very addictive and utterly delicious snack.
- Take maida/ALP, salt, sugar, and baking soda in bowl, mix it well. Adding sugar helps in browning of the bondas.
- Add yogurt 1 cup first and then add little by little, beat the mix until you get the thick batter.
- If the batter is very watery, add little fine sooji or maida to get the desired consistency.
- Then add chopped ginger, cilantro, and green chillies, mix it well.
- Keep it aside for minimum 1 hour, but if you keep it for 3 to 6 hours it will be good.
- After the resting time, heat the oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot,(check by adding little batter, it has to come up immediately) add a TBSP of batter to the hot oil. Either use a TBSP scoop or by hand to drop the Bajji to the oil .Number of bonda you can make depends on the amount of oil.
- Fry it until the Bajji turns golden brown on all sides.
- Remove and transfer it onto a paper towel or perforated bowl.
- Repeat the same procedure with the remaining Batter.
- Enjoy this Mangalore bajji when it is hot with Chutney or just as it is :
If you keep the batter for 6 to 8 hours, no need too baking soda.
Instead of green chillies you can add pepper powder.
Sour yogurt is recommended.