Cucumber is a low calorie, high water content, vitamin B rich vegetable. It is a excellent source of silica which helps for joint health and weight loss
- 1½ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup yogurt curd
- For grinding:
- ⅓ cup grated fresh coconut
- ¼ cup Fried gram
- 2 to 8 green chillies
- small handful of cilantro
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- less than ¼ tsp of methi seeds
- For seasoning:
- 1 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp hing if it is a strong hing just use a pinch
- ¼h tsp turmeric powder or Haldi
- 5-6 curry leaves
Southekayi(Cucumber) Hasi Majjige HuLi
- Heat the pan and dry roast the sesame seeds and the methi seeds.
- Grind these roasted seeds, along with fried gram, grated coconut, green chillies, cilantro, and little bit of water, into a fine paste.
- Add this to the chopped cucumber.
- Heat the oil in a ladle and once the oil is hot (test by adding few mustard seeds, it should pop immediately), add mustard seeds.
- Then add hing, turmeric powder, and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the ground mixture and chopped cucumber.
- Finally add salt and yogurt to this mixture and mix well.
- Cucumber Hasi majjige huLi is ready. Serve this along with steaming rice or as a side dish for chapatis, rotti.