- Heat the pan and dry roast the sesame seeds and the methi seeds.
- Grind these roasted seeds, along with fried gram, grated coconut, green chillies, cilantro, and little bit of water, into a fine paste.
- Add this to the chopped cucumber.
- Heat the oil in a ladle and once the oil is hot (test by adding few mustard seeds, it should pop immediately), add mustard seeds.
- Then add hing, turmeric powder, and curry leaves.
- Add this seasoning to the ground mixture and chopped cucumber.
- Finally add salt and yogurt to this mixture and mix well.
- Cucumber Hasi majjige huLi is ready. Serve this along with steaming rice or as a side dish for chapatis, rotti.