Cucumber Gojju or Southekayi hasi gojju is very tasty and easy to make side dish for rotii, rotis and rice. This is Hasi means Raw, here we use all raw ingredients except the chillies, we just fry the green chillies for better taste, but you can add raw green chillies as well.
Cucumber is a low calorie, high water content, vitamin B rich vegetable. It is an excellent source of silica which helps for joint health and weight loss.
This is Vegan, and Gluten free dish. For Gluten free option use this gluten free hing
Try these other cucumber recipes as well.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a ladle on medium heat, once hot add the green chillies, when the chillies turn white turn off the heat
- Grind grated coconut, the chillies, mustard seeds, coriander leaves,salt, jaggery, hurigadale, tamarind along with soaked water and required amount of water to a fine paste,
- Take chopped cucumber in a bowl, add the masala, mix it well. add water if needed to get the gojju consistency.(i have used little more than 1/2 cup water to get the consistency of gojju)
- Now for seasoning:
- heat 2 tsp oil in a ladle, once hot add hing, then the mustard seeds, once the mustard seeds pops turn off the heat and add the seasoning to the gojju.
- add the seasoning to the gojju. and now the raw cucumber gojju is ready to eat with rice, rotti, rotis...