Cucumber Dosa is one of the dosa varieties of South India, especially Malnad region of Karnataka.
When it comes to breakfast it is always a question, what to prepare? Everyday we will look for something different. Here is one of the healthy and delicious breakfast from malenaadu region of Karnataka. This is Vegan, gluten free, and easy, delicious dosa recipe, no need to ferment the batter.
Cucumber Dosa |
- 1 cucumber
- ½ cup rice
- 2 green chillies
- coriander leaves
- ½ tsp salt or salt to taste
- ¾ tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- oil to make the dosa
- Wash and soak the rice in 1/2water for 2 hours or more
- Wash and grate the cucumber ( no need to peel the skin)
- Transfer little water to a cup from the soaked rice, grind it to a fine paste.
- Then add green chillies, jeera, coriander leaves, and cucumber, grind it again to a coarse texture.
- Consistency of the batter should not be too thick or thin, it has to be like a regular dosa batter. so add the water accordingly (Watch the video to know more)
- Now add salt, mix it and keep it aside for 10 minutes, NO NEED To FERMENT the batter
- Grease and heat the tava on medium heat, Once the tava is hot enough, take a ladleful of batter, pour it in the center
- and move the ladle in the circular motion(from the center) to make a circle, put oil on to and the edges, cover it and cook .
- after a minute or so, take out the lid, and you can see the dosa is done, remove it using a turner from the tava, serve it with chutney.
- You can add coconut while grinding
- you can make around 8 dosa with this measurement
- no need to flip the dosa and cook, if you want you can cook both sides. if you want crisp dosa, add more oil