Majjige saru /buttermilk rasam is as the name says rasam using butter milk. It healthy and simple side dish. This is one of the Malnad recipes.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup grated fresh coconut
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 tsp salt or salt to taste
- For seasoning
- 1/2 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp jeera/cumin seeds
- pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 2 green chillies chopped
- little chopped cilantro /coriander leaves to garnish
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
[the_ad id="4800"]Buttermilk Rasam/Majjige saaru
- First prepare the coconut milk by add warm water to the grated coconut. Leave it for few minutes.
- Squeeze the coconut milk from the mix . We are using only the coconut milk.
- Mix coconut water, buttermilk and salt in a bowl. mix it. Rasam is almost ready ....