Kesari Bath is a traditional sweet prepared during festival days. It has so rich aroma of Saffron, it is do appetizing and irresistible sweet :) Along with giving rich color to the dish, saffron has many medicinal benefits too.
Preparation of this kesari bhath is quick and easy.
Here is step by step instructions with pictures to "How to make RIce Kesari bath"
- 1/2 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup grated dry coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP water
- 2 to 3 TBSP ghee
- 1 to 2 TBSP raisins
- 8 to 10 cashews cut into small pieces
- 3 to 4 tsp cardamoms 1/4powder
- 1pinch or 10 to 15 Strands of saffron soak it in milk
Rice Kesari Bath
- Wash and cook the rice in rice cooker or pressure cooker with 1 cup of water and little oil( allow it to warm)
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan on medium low heat, and fry cashews until it turns golden brown. Then add raisins and fry it until it puffs up .Remove both to a plate( you can fry both the cashews and raisins together or separately)
- Soak the kesari/saffron in little milk
- Now to the same pan add sugar and 2 TBSP water, allow it to boil
- Add grated dried coconut to the sugar syrup and let it boil. Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Now add the cooked rice, mix it
- Rub the soaked saffron using fingers and add milk along with the saffron.Add a TBSP ghee and mix it.
- Mix it well, cover it and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes(stir it in between) Add more ghee in between.
- Once all the water evaporates(usually it takes to 10 minutes)
- Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder and fried cashews and raisins
- Mix it well and Kesari Bhath is ready to eat !
Few Benefits of Saffron:
- Rich in Vitamin B2
- Helps in sell formation and repair
- Helps maintaining blood pressure
- Anti Depressant(reduces anxiety and stress)
- Boosts energy and blood circulation
- Strengthens nervous system…