Kesari Bath is a traditional sweet prepared during festival days. It has so rich aroma of Saffron, it is do appetizing and irresistible sweet :) Along with giving rich color to the dish, saffron has many medicinal benefits too.
Preparation of this kesari bhath is quick and easy.
- Wash and cook the rice in rice cooker or pressure cooker with 1 cup of water and little oil( allow it to warm)
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan on medium low heat, and fry cashews until it turns golden brown. Then add raisins and fry it until it puffs up .Remove both to a plate( you can fry both the cashews and raisins together or separately)
- Soak the kesari/saffron in little milk
- Now to the same pan add sugar and 2 TBSP water, allow it to boil
- Add grated dried coconut to the sugar syrup and let it boil. Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Now add the cooked rice, mix it
- Rub the soaked saffron using fingers and add milk along with the saffron.Add a TBSP ghee and mix it.
- Mix it well, cover it and let it cook on low heat for 10 minutes(stir it in between) Add more ghee in between.
- Once all the water evaporates(usually it takes to 10 minutes)
- Turn off the heat and add cardamom powder and fried cashews and raisins
- Mix it well and Kesari Bhath is ready to eat !
Few Benefits of Saffron:
- Rich in Vitamin B2
- Helps in sell formation and repair
- Helps maintaining blood pressure
- Anti Depressant(reduces anxiety and stress)
- Boosts energy and blood circulation
- Strengthens nervous system…